Doroteya represents financial institutions and other clients with respect to creditor’s rights and bankruptcy issues as well as non-bankruptcy commercial litigation, regulatory compliance, and contract matters. Doroteya also specializes in matters relating to cannabis banking, government guaranteed lending workouts, and data privacy.
Doroteya is originally from Bulgaria but has resided in Georgia since 2001. She graduated from Georgia Institute of Technology with a B.S. in International Affairs and Modern Languages, with a specific focus in French and Russian. After graduation, Doroteya worked as an assistant branch manager for a bank in Smyrna, Georgia. Then, Doroteya received her Juris Doctor from Mercer University Walter F. George School of Law in Macon. While at Mercer Law, she competed in the William W. Daniel National Invitational Mock Trial Competition and the AAJ Student Trial Advocacy Competition. Doroteya also served as the Intra-School Mock Trial Competition editor.
- Represented a biofuel manufacturer in connection with its acquisitions of assets through a Section 363 sale in the Southern District of Georgia
- Represented foreign trustees in a Chapter 15 recognition proceedings and dismissals of competing Chapter 11 proceedings in the District of Delaware
- Represented Chinese and German manufacturing companies in prosecution of administrative priority claims and defending alleged preference claims in the District of New Hampshire
- Represented a concrete manufacturer in Chapter 11 resulting in the successful sale of assets as a going concern under Section 363 and continuation of uninterrupted business operations in the Northern District of Georgia
- Represented a telecommunications company in connection with a debtor’s Section 363 sale of assets in the District of Delaware
- Represented a real estate development company in the successful Chapter 11 restructuring resulting in a repayment of all claims in the Northern District of Georgia
- Represented a start-up nutraceutical distribution company in connection with its acquisition of assets through a Section 363 sale in the Northern District of Georgia
- State Bar of Georgia, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Atlanta Bar Association, Bankruptcy Section, Board of Directors, Member at Large
- International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation, Member
- Turnaround Management Association, Member
- International Insolvency Institute, NextGen Program, Member
- Loan Participation Agreements and the “Administrator Replacement Provision”
- Boone, J. William and Doroteya N. Wozniak. “United States of America.” International Insolvency: Insolvency and Directors’ Duties. Fifth ed. London: Thomson Reuters (Professional) UK Limited. The European Lawyer Reference Series, 2016. 385-409. Print.
- Boone, J. William and Doroteya N. Wozniak. “United States of America.” International Insolvency: Group Insolvency and Directors’ Duties. Fourth ed. London: Thomson Reuters (Professional) UK Limited. The European Lawyer Reference Series, 2015. 535-61. Print.
- Boone, J. William, Michael A. Dunn, and Doroteya N. Wozniak. “United States.” Debt Restructuring: An Alternative to Insolvency Proceedings. First ed. London: Thomson Reuters (Professional) UK Limited. The European Lawyer Reference Series, 2014. 343-63. Print.