Effective Date: 10.25.2023
James-Bates-Brannan-Groover-LLP (“JBBG”) may collect certain information about you when you visit our Website (www.jamesbatesllp.com). This notice explains JBBG’s online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is used at our Website. This notice does not apply to information which you may provide to JBBG in attorney-client relationships or that is protected by confidentiality, the attorney-client privilege, the attorney work product doctrine, or any other applicable protection.
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our Website?
When using our Website, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, phone number or other details to help you with your experience. We also automatically collect certain non-personally identifiable information when you visit our Website, including, but not limited to, IP address, crash reports, system activity, date, time, and referrer URL of your requests, browser and device type, application version number, application usage, carrier name, and operating system.
When do we collect information?
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To Provide You with Access to the Website: We may obtain from you and from other sources information about you to enable us to provide legal services to and on behalf of our clients.
- To Contact You in Response to an Inquiry: You may submit an inquiry or comment to the Firm along with your name and contact information (such as address, phone number and email address), and we use this information for the purpose of replying to your inquiry.
- To contact you and expand/maintain our list of contacts, including to send you newsletters, legal updates, marketing communications, and other information or materials that may interest you.
- To personalize your experiences with us, including to remember your interests and preferences, and facilitate interactions and introductions.
- For our business purposes, including to operate and improve or business and Services, internal administration, data, and for any other business purpose permitted by law.
How do we protect visitor information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities to make your visit to our site as safe as possible. We also use regular Malware Scanning and an SSL certificate.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your information unless we provide you with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
However, visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, or other uses.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may third-party website links on our website. These third-party websites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked websites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these websites.
How does our Website handle “do not track” signals?
We honor “do not track” signals. We do not track, or plant cookies when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Our Services are not intended for or directed to children including any children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information directly from children under the age of 13 without parental consent.
Changes to this Privacy Notice.
We may update this Privacy Notice periodically and will revise the date at the top of this Privacy Notice to reflect the date when such update occurred.
What are Cookies?
A cookie is a text-only string of information that the Services transfer to the “cookie” file of the browser you are using so that the Services can recognize your computer when you re-visit and remember certain information about you, such as which pages you visit, choices you make from menus, and the time and date of your visit.
Types of Cookies
There are two main types of cookies:
(i) Session cookies: these are temporary cookies that expire when you close your browser. Session cookies allow the Services to recognize your computer as you navigate between pages during a single browser session, allowing you to use the Services most efficiently.
(ii) Persistent cookies: these are stored on your computer between browsing sessions until they expire or are deleted. They allow the Services to remember your preferences and tailor services to you.
Changing Your Cookie Settings and Disabling Cookies
Please note that internet browsers allow you to change your cookie settings. These settings are usually found in the ‘options’ or ‘preferences’ menu of your internet browser. To understand these settings, the following links may be helpful. Otherwise, you should use the ‘Help’ option in your internet browser for more details.
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari
After your initial visit to this Website we may change the cookies we use. Please be aware that if cookies are disabled not all features of the Website may operate as intended and your Website experience may not be as efficient.
Information Collected by our Analytics Software
Some of the cookies we use are ‘analytical’ cookies. Our analytics software (Google Analytics) allows us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the Website when they are using the Website. We have implemented the demographics and interests reporting through Google Analytics. This helps us to improve the way the Website work, e.g., by making sure that users are finding what they need easily. The following types of information are collected by our analytics software:
- User’s demographic information, e.g., language preference and location (city, country/territory, continent, sub-continental region).
- User’s behavior, e.g., whether the user is a new or returning visitor, the frequency of visits/date of last visit.
- User’s technology, e.g., operating system, network/service provider (ISP and network host).
- Mobile information, e.g. whether the user accessed the Services via a mobile device and, if so, the type of device (brand, service provider, operating system and input selection method).
- Traffic source, e.g., direct (i.e., the user typed in the URL themselves) or referral (i.e., the user clicked on a link) and for referral traffic, the traffic source (search engine or link); also the Google search term (if applicable) that resulted in the link to the Website.
- Content viewed, e.g., pages, files, and directories clicked on, landing pages/exit pages and search words (if any) used on the Website.