Chason Harrison brings to his practice more than 30 years of experience representing clients in mergers and acquisitions throughout the Southeast and across all industries, including construction, distribution, manufacturing, professional services and technology. For most of his clients, selling a business constitutes the most significant economic event of their lives. In recognition of this responsibility, Chason, as well as the other members of the corporate and transactional team, takes the time to thoroughly understand his client’s business, industry, challenges and goals. Applying a hands-on approach to every transaction, he stays intimately involved from the initial engagement through the closing.
Chason draws on his extensive experience advising a wide range of clients—from first-time to highly experienced buyers and sellers. Although he represents clients in both buy-side and sell-side transactions, Chason focuses his practice on the representation of successful founder and family-owned businesses who are considering a transaction; in most cases those engagements result in successful sales to large private equity funds or strategic buyers.
A comprehensive advisor, Chason provides clients with both legal advice and—together with their existing financial, tax and legal advisors—insight on business and strategic matters. Chason understands the importance and value his clients’ existing advisors offer and coordinates with those advisors to secure the best results for those he represents. His counsel, attention to detail and forward-thinking approach have helped numerous clients achieve their growth and transaction objectives while assuring founders and business owners, as well as their family members, are able to maximize value.
Chason, an Atlanta native, is an avid outdoorsman who enjoys spending time with his wife, Jane, and their two adult daughters.
- Represented the shareholders of a specialty chemicals manufacturer in a $131 million stock sale to a financial acquirer
- Represented the owners of a staffing and disaster response company in a $178 million stock sale to an international buyer
- Represented a technology services firm in a $81 million merger with a financial acquirer
- Represented the shareholders of one of the country’s leading roofing, siding, and gutter installation companies in its $130 million stock sale to a financial acquirer
- Represented the shareholders of a manufacturer of modular homes in its $53 million equity sale to a strategic acquirer
- Represented the founder of a regional fast casual chicken restaurant chain in the sale of a significant stake to a private equity fund
- Represented the shareholders of an HVAC firm in a $70 million stock sale to a financial acquirer
- Represented the shareholders of a full service engineering firm in a $24 million stock sale to a financial acquirer
- Represented the owner of a commercial adhesives business in a $16 million asset sale to a strategic buyer
- Represented the shareholders of a general contractor in a $30 million merger with a strategic buyer
- Represented an urgent medical care facility in its $53 million asset sale to a financial acquirer
- Represented the shareholders of a premier specialty foods manufacturer in its $56 million stock sale to a New York private equity firm
- Represented the owners of a hardwood flooring manufacturer in the acquisition of multiple manufacturing facilities from a global flooring providers
- Represented a commercial waste disposal and recycling company in its asset sale to a strategic buyer
- Represented the owners of a utility and pipeline services company in the sale of a portion of their equity for consideration of just under $1 billion
- Represented a regional building products distributor in a $30 Million asset sale to a strategic buyer
- Represented the owners of a real property management company in a $170 million stock sale
- Represented a hospital in middle Georgia in a sale to a regional hospital system
- Represented a commercial vehicle distributor in a $10 million sale of assets to a West Coast competitor
- Represented the owners of an overhead roll-up door manufacturer in a $30 million stock sale
- Represented the buyer in a $50 million acquisition of a pipeline and utility service company
- Represented the owners of a biofuel manufacturer in the negotiation of a $175 million sale to a strategic buyer
- Represented the buyer in a $20 million acquisition of a pipeline and utility services company
- Represented a data analytics firm in a $135 million merger with a middle eastern strategic buyer
- Represented the selling shareholders of a home goods manufacturer in a $24 million stock sale to a strategic buyer
- Represented a regional commercial waste hauler in the acquisition of a division from a public company
- Represented a food service client in multiple acquisitions followed by several division sales
- Represented a management group in a $12 million asset purchase of a division of a public company
- Represented the selling shareholders of a technology start-up in a $10 million stock sale to a west coast public company
- Represented a large west coast commercial construction firm in a $25 million purchase of a southeastern regional construction firm
- Represented a manufacturer in a $175 million stock sale to a financial buyer
- Represented a long-standing medical and industrial gas client in ongoing asset acquisitions
- Represented a utility in negotiating an $18 million stock sale of a wholly owned subsidiary to a UK entity
- Represented the selling shareholders in a $12 million asset sale to an international publishing concern
- Represented the majority shareholder in a $200 million asset sale to a private equity group
- Represented the selling shareholders in a $50 million stock sale to a global food conglomerate
- Member of the Business and Finance and Tax Law Sections of the Atlanta Bar Association
- Member of the Business Law and Taxation Sections of the State Bar of Georgia
- Serves on the Corporation code revision committee of the Business Law Section of the State Bar of Georgia
- Selected by other lawyers and by Georgia Trend magazine to be included in the list of “Legal Elite”.
- Selected by other lawyers and Georgia Super Lawyers magazine as a “Rising Star” in the list of Georgia Super Lawyers.
- AV® Preeminent ™ rated attorney with Martindale Hubbell.