James Bates Brannan Groover is seeking a mid-level associate to join its commercial real estate group in the new Athens office.
Our firm has an extensive real estate practice that includes a wide variety of commercial real estate matters, including the acquisition, development, financing, leasing, management and disposition of office buildings, industrial and warehousing facilities, retail centers, multi-family and mixed-use projects, medical facilities, resort properties and telecommunication sites. We also handle construction loans, timberland transactions, condemnation proceedings, planning and zoning matters, and regularly advise clients on landlord-tenant issues, foreclosures and a variety of other real property matters. Our Primary focus is to assist our clients in responding to the challenges and opportunities of the real estate markets, often utilizing innovative and sophisticated approaches in order to meet our clients’ objectives.
In addition to our standard commercial lending services, we have a robust government-guaranteed lending practice (SBA and USDA loans). Because government-guaranteed lending is highly specialized, it is particularly important for those types of loan transactions to be closed by lawyers – like ours – who are well-versed in the requirements that must be satisfied to preserve the government guaranty for the benefit of the lender.
- 5 years minimum relevant experience in commercial real estate at a law firm and/or an in-house law department
- Portable book of business
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experienced in drafting purchase/sale agreements, loan documents and closing documents for the acquisition/sale of commercial real estate, title and survey review, negotiating loan documents and closing commercial real estate transactions
- Admitted to the Georgia Bar and in good standing or admitted to and in good standing with another state’s bar (and willing to waive in or sit before the Georgia Bar as soon as possible)
For consideration, please submit your resume to email@example.com.