Serving commercial banks and other financial institutions, Lane McKell assists clients in a variety of matters and transactions. Her practice encompasses bankruptcy, commercial foreclosures, creditor’s rights, contract negotiations, bank regulatory compliance and loan workouts.
Lane brings a practical, real-world approach to her practice. She acquired a variety of work experience prior to her legal career, which provided her valuable insight into a wide range of industries and an appreciation for the concerns and priorities of company owners and executives. These experiences also enable her to see client issues through a wide-angle lens and account for commercial as well as legal considerations when making decisions.
An academic background in science trained Lane to think logically and analytically, and she applies that mindset to help clients gain optimal results.
During law school, Lane served as managing editor of the Georgia State University Law Review and competed and coached on the moot court team. She also worked as a graduate research and teaching assistant and as a legal intern in the Capital Defender’s Clinic and the Health Law Partnership (HeLP) Clinic.
Lane enjoys photography, reading, traveling, hiking, trying new recipes and spending time with her dog.
- Member, State Bar of Georgia
- Managing Editor, Georgia State University Law Review (2021-2022); Member (2020-2021)
- Coach, Georgia State University Moot Court (2021-2022); Competitor (2020-2021)
- Pupil, Bleckley Inn of Court (2021-2022)
- Pupil, W. Homer Drake, Jr. Georgia Bankruptcy Inn of Court (2021-2022)
- Order of the Coif, 2022
- CALI Award for Excellence in Mergers & Acquisitions, Constitutional Law, Professional Responsibility, and Legal Innovation and Technology
- SB 85: Mandatory Reporting of Hazing-Related Violations, 38 Ga. St. U. L. Rev. 1 (2022)