Michael White joined James-Bates-Brannan-Groover-LLP in 2012. He has practiced law in Macon since 1999 with a focus on financial institutions, regulatory and securities compliance, corporation structure and contract litigation. Mr. White counsels financial institutions and their officers and directors on all aspects of mergers and acquisitions, holding company formations, corporate governance, board management issues, public offerings and private placements to raise capital as well as including “going private” transactions, regulatory issues including enforcement actions, and shareholder relations.
Mr. White advises financial institutions regarding securities compliance, including the preparation of periodic reports, disclosure requirements, proxy solicitations and insider trading rules. Mr. White also provides counsel to small businesses and financial institutions for Chapter 7 and Chapter 11 bankruptcy, litigation, loan workouts and collections.
- Represented acquirer in whole-bank purchase by bank holding company which included a three charter subsidiary reorganization;
- Represented national bank located in South Georgia in asset sale to state chartered credit union;
- Represented purchaser in $2 million small business acquisition of data processing company in Georgia;
- Represented community bank seller in asset sale to community bank holding company;
- Represented Georgia small business acquirer in $1 million asset purchase of clothing store located in Phoenix, Arizona;
- Represented Georgia community bank in successful private placement capital raises of $11 million and $5 million;
- Represented purchaser in 50% buy-in of periodontal practice;
- Represented community bank in negotiations and settlement with state and federal regulators in Consent Order compliance and threatened enforcement actions;
- Represented community bank in receivership action against borrower; and
- Represented community bank in bond claims resulting from employee embezzlement scheme.
- Represented community bank in Chapter 11 bankruptcy involving court governed auction of real estate collateral.
- General Counsel for the Community Bankers Association of Georgia
- Georgia Bankers Association, Associate Member
- Macon Bar Association
- State Bar of Georgia
Awards + Recognitions
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Rating - Top Rated Lawyer in Banking Law, Creditor Rights and Securities Law
- Best Lawyers 2016 "Lawyer of the Year" for Macon in Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights
- Best Lawyers 2015 "Lawyer of the Year" for Macon in Banking and Finance Law
Presentations + Publications
- Mercer University School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 1999)
- University of Georgia (B.B.A.,1989)
Administrative/Legal Assistant Contact
Name: Cindy McCuen
Title: Legal Assistant